The church was founded in 1881 and consecrated as a Church of Ireland church in 1885 by Archbishop Lord Plunkett..
It is built in a woodland setting in view of the main house. It is surrounded by a circular, dry moat and can only be entered by passing through a lynch gate. There is a small graveyard attached to the church.
Irish Text On Walls
These were chosen by Douglas Hyde, a family friend. He was the first President of Ireland, from 1938-1945 and founder of the Gaelic League.
The church has featured in several films. The most noteworthy being the TV screening of the ‘Irish RM’ starring Peter Bowles.
Email Coolcarrigan at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call on: 086 3351021