This Wedding Planning Checklist lists everything you need to do or consider when planning your wedding, and advised the best time frame to do each item.
If you have less than a year to plan your wedding, just start from the beginning of the list and try to catch up as quickly as you can!
12 months AND EARLIER
- Set a date for your wedding.
- Hire a The Wedding Planner or sign up for free online planning.
- Determine the type of wedding you want: location, formality, etc.
- Start a style file.
- Decide on a budget – save rather than borrow to pay for your day
- Buy a diary for important dates and set up a file box or computer file to keep record of contacts and payments.
- Write up a guest list. If too long divide it up into:
1) those who must be invited
2) those who should be invited
3) those who would be nice to invite.
- Book church or registry office and celebrant.
- Select and book your reception venue and caterers.
- Start dress shopping.
- Book photographer.
- Start a healthy eating plan
- Choose your bridesmaids, best man and groomsmen, flower girl and ring bearer.